Name:
Location: Texas

mama to Em, Evie, Andy and Jack! LOVE makes a family!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

habanero peach preserves

I just finished making a batch. They're my very first canning experience ever (well, since I was little and would watch Grandma H. make jelly)!

We bought fresh peaches at the farmer's market this morning, and I used two of the habanero peppers that Richard grew in our garden. It tastes yummy, just like peach preserves, with an extra tingly kick. The recipe promised that it would warm up your cold winter mornings, and I think it will do exactly that!

The recipe filled up 6 of those little fancy jelly jars exactly. After processing them in the water bath, I set the jars out on the counter to cool. It was so neat to hear the lids popping as they cooled!

I really liked canning. I think it could be addictive! I already have plans for plain peach preserves (bought way too many peaches at the market!), and maybe apple jelly. I want to try to pickle some of Richard's jalapeno peppers from the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home