Name:
Location: Texas

mama to Em, Evie, Andy and Jack! LOVE makes a family!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Nothing much to report.

Nothing to report. Time is moving oh-so-slowly. I am still hoping for late summer/early fall travel, but I just don't know when we will go. We will be sending Evie a care package soon. After that, we just wait for our agency to tell us what to do! I think the next step will be getting our visas.

We did get interviewed about our adoption for an article that might appear in our newspaper. I hope we sounded good, and that the article will be a good one. (Recently there was a whole series of really negative adoption articles in the local paper.)

We found some cute toys for Evie. Emily picked out a soft pink bear/blanket lovie, and we found a small, soft photo album for the care package we got permission to send. We also found the recommended Sassy stacking cups, and a cute "Peek-a-Moo!" toy. Apparently, when you say "boo" as in "peek-a-boo", it sounds like the word for "no" in Chinese, and upsets the babies. So I guess we will use "peek-a-moo!" for Evie.

Since we got the update on Evie, I've been doing a little shopping. Nana Oma has also been shopping, and sent some cute things for Evie and Emily. It was so cool to get a box addressed to "Emily and Evie"!

This is a cute denim dress from Nana and Papa Don!

(there was a cute pic here!)

This is a cute little romper and hat that Daddy picked out! I guess he was tired of all the girly things that Em and I were choosing.

(there was a cute pic here!)

We found this cute ladybug dress and I wanted it! (Ladybugs are a symbol of good luck in the Chinese adoption world!) Red is also considered good luck in China. I think this will be the dress Evie wears for our consulate appointment in China.

(there was a cute pic here!)

This was picked out with our nephew Logan in mind. He loves Elmo, and I thought that I would dress Evie in this outfit for their first meeting.

(there was a cute pic here!)

7/31/06: Sorry, I deleted the clothes pictures to make room for the new Evie pics!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home